Many of the benefits offered by CBD oil are well-known and some of these benefits are confirmed by studies. Other effects are considered subjective and without reasonable proof beyond personal use. Considering that many of the benefits have not been fully investigated yet, there are benefits yet to be discovered. But, we do know about CBD and other cannabinoids and how they are beneficial.
Mostly, we hear about the pain relieving benefits of CBD oil and also the benefit of relieving anxiety. These effects are backed up by a number of studies but also debunked by some studies. As a result, it is still difficult to confirm the benefits. Regardless, reports of benefits are flooding in all over the place of inflammation, pain, and anxiety relief among other effects less known.
It is first important to understand that CBD oil is not the same as cannabis oil. CBD oil contains only a very small percentage of the psychoactive THC while cannabis oil contains more THC and less CBD. It is all about the species of the plant and the flowers from which the oil is extracted. Five little known benefits are as follows.
- Nerve Pain: When there is pain from an injury, it is typically inflammatory pain. CBD oil has been shown to relieve inflammation with this type of pain. It also works for the more mysterious types of nerve pain such as found with diabetic neuropathy, nerve entrapment, multiple sclerosis, and degenerative diseases of the nervous system. CBD oil can make life better for those afflicted with these problems.
- Nausea and Appetite: A number of different medications and health conditions contribute to lack of appetite or worse such as nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy. It is not good to have an imbalance of appetite either way. CBD oil relieves nausea and vomiting. It also improves appetite, so patients using appetite-crushing medications or those on chemotherapy want to eat resulting in better health and vitality.
- Treatment of Psychosis: While THC in marijuana is considered a psychedelic and a contributor to psychosis and delusional behavior, CBD does the opposite. In fact, CBD modulates the effect of THC. In studies with psychotic patients, CBD extracts have been show to lessen or stop the psychosis, depending on the severity of the condition and the dosage of CBD.
- Treatment of Cancer: Cancer treatments can present a great deal of toxic compounds to the body. CBD has been shown to be a helpful non-toxic compound for improving existing cancer treatments. One study showed that CBD helped to kill off breast cancer cells. It is also effective for other cancers such as leukemia.
- Motivation: CBD, unlike THC, can actually improve motivation and satisfaction of achievements. This is all modulated by the dopamine neurotransmitter system. CBD can help improve the action of dopamine in the brain, allowing for more focus and motivation.
For more information, you should visit this site and get even more insight into the multiple benefits of CBD in all its forms. Perhaps CBD oil can be beneficial to you as well.