This is my story and Im sticking to it. We were getting ready, (feeling pressure from my husband to hurry) I was baking a diet cookie in the microwave and set it for the wrong time, 11 minutes instead of 1 minute 11 seconds, well needless to say it started burning, smoking and you know the rest.
This is no the first time I have burned food in the microwave, stove of oven but it is the first time I almost had a fire in the microwave. And oh my gosh the smoke and smell. Now the smell is not just the kitchen but my bedroom too*?@# Shoot. So I know of some ways you can rid the smokey smell and odor, I opened windows turned on the fans, lite a candle and filled my melting tart jar, but to no avail. Not to mention the inside of the microwave was yellowed by the smoke and smell. So I turned to Google for some answers and found these home remedies to try:
Vinegar on a slice of bread
Vinegar in a bowl
Peels of oranges and lemons
↑ All these set out in the rooms that are effected ↑
For the kitchen and on a baking pan, add cinnamon, butter and sugar and place in 200° oven and turn off.
For the Microwave
Boiling coffee for 2 minutes, then let sit
I also added a second time cinnamon and reboiled
Wipe out with vinegar and water
I think it is still in the vents and will just take time.
But in my search I found 2 videos that helps explain how to make fresheners
and one on what to use when food gets burnt.
What are your suggestions on past experiences? What has worked?