Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins
I found this Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe actually in google sites and had to try it when I wanted a quick bake. I didnt want to wait an hour for loaves of bread to make. And these only took 22 minutes to bake. And oh so good, moist, a little sweet.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried coconut (if you can find the unsweetened variety, feel free to use.) and a bit more to sprinkle on top of the muffins I did not add to the top this time.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake/muffin pan with liners. In a medium bowl, measure out and mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk egg and sugar, and vanilla extract together until well combined. Add melted butter. Mix well. Smash bananas in small bowl before adding to mix. Add chocolate chips and coconut. Mix well.
- 3. Add dry mixture. Use a VERY light hand to mix at this point. The more mixing you do the tougher the muffin so try not to over mix. You want everything well mixed together but not over mixed.
- 4. Divide batter equally in liners. Sprinkle tops with some coconut. Bake until golden brown, about 22-30 minutes.
- 5. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then enjoy.
Time may vary depending on oven, I checked with toothpick at 18 minutes.