Banana Bread Recipe: I love reading recipes like a lot of people like reading a novel, I was browsing on Pinterest checking out Recipes and found this banana bread. I like to check out the ingredients and see how it is made. That’s how I found this recipe, it was the ingredients that caught my eye it has, SIX Bananas and brown sugar!! The rest is history!! This was the first time I made this recipe and it was a hit with company, he said, “this is as close to my mama’s recipe as I have ever tasted”. It is moist and full of flavor using all those bananas, perfect as I had 6 bananas I needed to use up. Next time I will use walnuts or pecans in the batter, maybe even some coconut and chocolate in the batter. I used to make a banana bread that had butter and oil for moistness, there is no need with this recipe, and is better the next day.
Six bananas are used in this moist bread recipe sweetened with brown sugar, spiced with cinnamon!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 mashed medium overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. (My 9×5 pan is currently scratched out of commission and so I used two 8×5 pans which you can also do, but I prefer the one big 9×5 loaf.)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten, do not over-mix. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Bread tastes even better the next day. To store, simply wait for it to cool completely and then wrap in plastic wrap.
This recipe originated from AllRecipes.com and adapted by Amanda http://amandeleine.com/2012/05/23/banana-banana-bread/
We like to eat banana bread hot with butter and that even makes this more delicious!! I love the little bit of salt with sweet. But we do use Smart Balance Spread.
I suppose that you could drizzle with a thin icing, or spread with Nutella, (I want to try that) no mater how you eat it, I’m telling you its delicious.
When the bread was cool, (what I had left) I wrapped in plastic wrap and will keep in the fridge. Unfortunately I was in a hurry to get this bread made and did not take pictures while preparing. Next time….
Logo Design by FlamingText.com