What would you say if I told you that these brownies are made with a biscuit mix, that’s right I used Bisquick®, with all the ingredients for fast and easy baking? 7 Ingredients make a small batch of brownies fast.
I’m sure you have at some point in time used Bisquick® for a recipe. And I have used it for years and decided I need a quick and easy recipe. There’s no shortage of recipes when it calls for using Bisquick® and what can be made in desserts, and meals.THey now have Heart and Healthy Bisquick along with Carb Quick and of course their original. You can find tons of recipes on Betty Crocker for Everyday meals, Desserts, and Entertaining Ideas and REcipes!!!
These brownies are delicious and I have even added coconut and chopped nuts. They would be absolutely delicious with ice cream and hot fudge topping, a very decadent dessert!!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
- 1/4 cup of flake coconut (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Spray a 9" square or pie pan with oil
- Melt your chocolate chips and butter together in a microwave safe bowl. at 50% for 1 minute
- Whip eggs, sugars and vanilla into melted butter mixture.
- If you are adding coconut and nuts add these to butter mixture.
- Stir in Bisquick just until mixed in Over mixing makes dough tough
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean but dont overbake all oven vary
The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of sugar I always reduce sugar in recipes. So I only used 1/4 cup. Plenty sweet for us especially if adding chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
*To avoid a polka dot effect in your brownies be sure to break up the small bits of Bisquick
You can ice these browning or top with whipped cream or ice cream, add whipped cream and a cherry.