I found this recipe over at Life With Garnish and I have raving reviews from my family on this bread, it has a delicate sweetness, a touch of coconut flavor and the all the moistness in a good banana bread.
12-15-2014 My Recipe Was Featured On Katherine’s Corner Make it Monday
I like cinnamon and added 1 tsp to the recipe and Im adding 1 tbsp of coconut oil for moistness
- For the bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, (about 2 bananas)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- For Glaze
- 2 tbsp sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tbsp 1/2 & 1/2 or cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl add the sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Blend in the banana, yogurt, milk, and extracts.
- Add the flour mixture, mixing until just moist.
- Fold in the ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5 –inch loaf pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp flaked coconut on tops of bread before baking
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, in pan, on wire rack. Remove from pan.
- Drizzle with glaze.
- For the glaze
- In a small bowl, stir together the flaked coconut and powdered sugar.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Drizzle over warm bread.
The recipe originally says to bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, but I use 2 pans and baked only 45 minutes, checking that when toothpick inserted came out dry.
You can also bake in smaller pans, I used 4 for the recipe.
Original Recipe: http://www.lifewithgarnish.com/coconut-banana-bread/#comment-1889
The only thing I did not do was to make the glaze for this recipe, next time I will. Bananas on the counter are calling for me to make this Coconut Banana Bread this week. I love baking but have cut back a bit, every recipe that catches my eye I have been making, and the calories are getting my waistline. Wish I had one of those Calorie Wands to whisk wave away the calories. Kitchen Witch??
~♥ Do you have recipes to share? And Comments Are Appreciated 🙂 ♥~
Disclosure: Please note that by linking up, you are giving me permission to add to our party emails and to use your images and information, should I choose to feature them in coming weeks, all credits and link back to your blog will be provided.