Sarongs have many uses and there not just for clothing, they can be used for table cloths curtains, decorations, turbans and of course as you can see in the photo, dresses or skirts. No one knows when people started wearing them. But it sarongs are the easiest garment to wear as they have no snaps, buttons or fasteners of any kind and are made of any fabric that is woven. Most traditional sarongs are made of a tightly woven fabric especially if it is going to be dyed. The batik artists are still busy creating, but for mass production the fabrics are mass printed before being made.
Wearing sarongs are mostly popular worn as skirts with a few wraps and tied off for an elegant look. They are also used for beach wear as swimming suit cover-ups and used in traditional wedding ceremonies, cocktail parties. A sarong could be worn as business attire adding a blazer and high heels for the woman that wants to express her style. Sarongs for women will continue to be used for a long time.
- a vast selection and unique designs
- a rich variety of colors and styles
- products that are specially hand-crafted and dyed
- superior workmanship of skilled
- Indonesian artisans emphasis on quality
- a focus on the needs of the customer
- other related products specially chosen to complement your ensemble
Fair Winds Sarongs http://www.fairwindssarongs.com/sarongs.html