Holiday Chocolate Cereal Bars Recipe from Betty Crocker:
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Cocoa Puffs® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups “holiday” colored (red and green) candy-coated chocolate candies
- Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. In 2-quart saucepan, heat sugar and corn syrup to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
- In extra-large bowl, stir cereal and peanut butter mixture with wooden spoon until cereal is evenly coated. Stir in 1 cup of the candies.
- Press cereal mixture in pan. Immediately sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup candies; press in lightly with fingers. Let stand about 30 minutes until cool. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
‘via Blog this’