Traffic accidents are inevitable—no matter how careful you drive, you can still be involved in a car accident. This is true especially for extremely busy cities such as Sydney. Even minor accidents where nobody gets injured can be an inconvenience. These type of accidents require you to get your vehicle fixed, lodging a claim with your car’s insurance company, or the insurance company of the other party involved in the accident. This whole process requires great patience and time.
What is Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation
You may be entitled to make a car accident claim for compensation if you are involved in a road traffic accident which was the other party’s fault and where you got injured. Whether you are the driver of one of the vehicles, a passenger in a vehicle in the accident, or a pedestrian that got hit by a car, you can hire a personal injury lawyer Sydney in order to help you get compensated for your pain, lost income and potential future income, medical expenses, and any other costs that are related to the car accident.
The amount of compensation that you can receive will depend on the type of injuries and circumstances which occurred.
What to Do If You’ve Been Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident and Need Legal Help
If you have suffered from an injury due to a motor vehicle accident, there are several steps that you should follow.
- The initial step that you should take is to let the police know about what happened as soon as you can. The reason for this is that if you do not report the event within 28 days and then later make a compensation claim for your personal injuries, you may be required to undergo other additional steps to establish that the delay is justifiable and there is a valid reason behind this.
- Next, you need to know which insurer offers the green slip (CTP) insurance for the other car that is caught up in the accident. In order to learn about this, you have to obtain the car’s plate number and make a call at the Motor Accidents Authority. Ideally, you will have written down or taken a photo of the other vehicle’s number plate at the time of the incident.
- Visit the Motor Accidents Authority website at www.msa.nsw.gov.au in order to download the form for a personal injury claim or talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer Sydney area to know if you are indeed eligible for a compensation claim.
How a Compensation Lawyer Can Help
Car accident lawyers can help you in a variety of ways. Here are some of the specifics:
- They can provide preliminary expert advice regarding the evidence and the law.
- They can provide a short counsel to offer final legal advice regarding the law.
- They can provide consultation on the claims and litigation process.
- They can interview witnesses and correspond with the relevant experts to help with the evidence.
- They can gather evidence and send this to the counsel, the court, and the insurer.
- They can issue all documents necessary for the court in order to facilitate prosecution of claims.
- They can prepare legal documents that are essential for the hearing, settlement conference, or mediation.
- They can oversee the finalisation of settlement documents.
If you think you may be able to seek compensation due to a motor vehicle accident, contact your nearest compensation lawyer today.
What You Need To Know Before You Buy a Car
Been Involved In a Car Accident? – How to Select the Right Lawyer