Easy Recipe For Veggie Noodles with The Best Curried Coconut Sauce
Veggie noodles, we have all heard of them, but will try them? They are made from real spinach and zucchini. When you intake these delicious noodles, you are making so that your body is receiving the 20% of your recommended daily vegetables. What a simple way to make sure you are staying healthy and it can save you time in the kitchen. Here a great recipe you may like: veggie noodles with curried coconut sauce.
Now for this recipe, there are a variety of ingredients that can be used. You do not need to use all of these items, only what may suit your taste buds. Or if you are a tester then try it all, what could go wrong but a mouthful of different flavors. And then the next time you make the recipe you can create your twist or add less of the items listed below.
- 1 Banana shallot, small (this is a cross between a regular shallot and onion; its size makes it the onion, and then the mildness and sweetness comes from the shallot)
- 1 Carrot, large
- 2 Courgettes, green (these are a variety of the cucumber family, melon, and squash family. Also they are very versatile and easy to cook with)
- 2 Courgettes, yellow
- 1 small clove Garlic
- 1 large handful Herbs, mixed
- 1 Lime plus extra to serve
- 200 ml Coconut milk
Baking & Spices
- 1 tsp Curry powder, medium hot
- 3cm piece Turmeric or 2 teaspoons ground turmeric (part of the ginger family, and usually used in Indian, Iranian, and Pakistani cuisine,; especially curries)
Nuts & Seeds
- 2 Corn cobs
- 100 g Desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 300 ml Coconut water
- 200 g Fresh peas or mange tout (mange tout is a flat podded variety of pea)
Now the process of cooking the food. Make sure you have everything you are going to need to prepare the dish. This helps with organization and makes for an easy clean up at the end when everything is near you.
- First, you want to get the sauce out of the way, so you peel and chop the shallot, not too finely. Hopefully, you are using the best ceramic knife set that you could find. The blades are amazing.
- After chopping up the shallot, do the same to the garlic and ginger. Then roughly chop up the chili. After, make sure that you juice the turmeric along with the lime. Make sure to use some of the zest as well. You want the added flavor to pop.
- When you get all the sauce items together, put them in a food processor until well mixed and blended. You can then season to taste. The sauce should not have any lumps in it. It should be nice and creamy.
- As you move onto making the noodles, you will need to get a spiralizer. You have to cut the courgettes and carrots into very long noodles. When you finish making your noodles, you can place them in a bowl with the other vegetables.
- If you decide to use the mange tout then, you will need to slice it diagonally. After everything looks pretty in the bowl, cover it with a sauce that you had made earlier. Then you can pick out some herbs that you think will taste good on top and finely chop those.
- Sprinkle them on the top, as well as the coconut if you choose to use it.
- Let the noodles marinate in the sauce for about 30 minutes. When the noodles seemed to have softened some, you can serve.
This recipe is great for people that love trying new things. It can be hard at first, but once you find yourself enjoying the process, you will enjoy the outcome. It is also a way to let your creative side out. With personally creating your noodles you can personally say you are taking control of your health. Being an active participant in doing better with your body. Hope that you enjoy this recipe.
|My name is Kristin, and I’m a housewife with big love for cooking. When I’m not bringing on the Food Network and attempting to become America’s Next Top Chef, I’m browsing online for unique recipes to awe my friends with. Now I ‘m a founder and main editor for Taste Insight, my blog about nutrition and vegetarian food!