- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, preferably canola
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup “mix-ins” (dried cranberries, mixed dried fruit pieces, raisins, mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts)
Preparation Heat oven to 350ºF. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, egg, oil, applesauce and vanilla on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add combined flours, baking soda and salt; beat on low speed just until blended.
Stir in oats and “mix-ins.” Drop dough by level measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until light brown. (Do not overbake. Centers will appear soft.)
Cool 1 to 2 minutes on cookie sheets; transfer to wire racks.
Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time Time: 9 min Yield About 36 Cookies”
Add Your Favorite Recipes all others will be removed, 🙂