- 1 (16-oz.) jar Pace Picante Sauce I like medium
- 2 cans Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup Low sodium
- 1.5-lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (16-oz.) bag frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-os.) diced mexican flavored tomatoes
- 3 soup cans of water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. pepper flakes
- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch), cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- additional shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
- sour cream for topping (optional)
- Stir together picante sauce, soup, chicken, corn, beans, tomatoes water and cumin, pepper flakes in a 5-qt. or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2 to 2.5 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir the tortillas and cheese into the soup and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro right before serving.
- Serve with additional shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream for topping.
These are easy to make and could even create a Pizza bar so each person could make their own. Just make individual bowls of toppings:
- pizza sauce
- prepared meat sausage, hamburger
- mozzarella cheese
- green peppers
- yellow peppers
Provide the breads, and let them go to town. I have even bought the pizza sausage in the refrigerator case and turkey pepperoni to make these.
They only take about 7-8 minutes to bake at 400* I have a cooking stone which makes baking these a dream!