How To Add Spice To Your Makeup Routine This Fall
Fall is so beautiful when the air gets crisp and dry. We begin to appreciate the colors found in nature that are deep, warm and striking. There are plums, golds, rusts, cocoas, burgundies and oranges. There is so much to choose from for fashion and also for your autumn makeup look.
If you tend to shy away from boldness, now is the season to add a little spice. One only needs to look at superstar Rihanna and her love of strong, deep makeup shades that create a hauntingly, sexy appeal.
Here are 5 Ways to Step Up Your Autumn Game:
1. Sparkly eyes are hot on trend this fall, and a tiny bit of gold glitter is both delicate and pretty. One of these is Bobbi BrownSparkle Eye Shadow in Sunlight – champagne gold sparkle ($33).
This is a silky, sheer shadow that adds a regal pop of gold to the eye area.
2. Bold, black eyeliner is another item that adds instant polish and sophistication to your autumn vibe. Liner was all over the runway at New York Fashion Week and not just in classic cat eye form. Designers were drawing on graphic, abstract shapes. Wet n Wild H2O Proof Liquid Liner does the job ($2.99).
3. When it come to a gorgeous pucker, vivid color is all you need, and LimeCrime Velvetines lipsticks ($20.00) provide the depth and long lasting look you demand. The colors are fall-worthy in glam choices like Bloodmoon, Pumpkin, Raven and Moonstone. These hues go beyond the rainbow and are a tiny bit wicked.
4. It’s fall, and the cold wind will be whipping through the season, so put down your bronzer, ladies. Let a rosy blush take center stage. Cream blush is the ideal choice, because it looks natural and dewy fresh. Apply one like Revlon cream blush in Charmed Enchantment ($12.99), a buildable rich flush of color. It results in a soft, satiny finish.
5. Let your brows run wild and free, and forego the tweezers. Once again, full brows are the sizzling trend. Only this time, a few untamed hairs are alright and fashion forward. If your brows need a little oomph, then try the Clinique SuperfineLiner for Brows ($17.00). This nifty, retractable pencil allows you to draw the smallest hairs possible with extreme precision, via an ultra-fine tip.