I was making breakfast of biscuits and gravy with sausage, I know a traditional but thats what hubs wanted, but I didnt want the leftovers to be just plain biscuits and I had apples and cream cheese on hand and decided to try something new, quick and easy, Apple Cream Cheese Biscuits, ok maybe you have made something like this but I hadn’t, of course I have seen something similar made with crescent rolls, which I would like to try, but today I used Buttermilk Refrigerator biscuits.
You can pretty much see from the pictures how easy, like 1…2…3….4….5 “new breakfast treat”! And great with a cup of coffee!!!
- Refrigerator buttermilk biscuits
- Cream cheese
- Melted Butter
- Using a cookie sheet flatten each biscuit making an indention in each (like a bowl)
- Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar inside the indention you made
- Place sliced apples in the center of the biscuit
- Sprinkle more sugar and cinnamon mixture over apples and drizzle melted butter over the apples
- Add about 1 tbsp of cream cheese to top and sprinkle again with cinnamon and sugar
- Note; You could mix sugar, cinnamon together with apples before spooning them onto biscuits.
Im thinking that a canned pie filling, fresh or frozen berries or preserves could be used, then it would turn into a dessert with a scoop of ice cream!!
And if you prefer you could mix sugar, cinnamon and apples in bowl and stir before spooning into biscuits.
Lots of possibilities, what have you made recently? And now I want to a Galette, but with real pie crust. Must be fall, I want to bake!!!