Would you ever thought of baking soda for hair growth?
Healthy and glowing hair is one of the most important ingredients of a good personality. However, in today’s hectic times we do not have the time to take care of our hair and most of us have regular bad hair days.
There are various shampoos and other products available in the market that claim of giving you beautiful and silky hair and assisting in hair growth, however, these products are full of harmful chemicals. There are much safer, cheaper and more effective ingredients available in our homes that can really make your hair grow like magic. Ever heard of baking soda for hair growth?
Indeed, baking soda is one ingredient that can boost your hair growth. It is an ingredient which is easily available in our homes. It is used regularly for cooking, cleaning, or even for treating some medical conditions. Women striving for strong, healthy and shiny hair can easily substitute baking soda for shampoo. Baking soda for hair growth is a safe and inexpensive option that can clean your hair, revitalize it and give it a beautiful glow. Although hair experts recommend that you should not use it all the time, benefits of baking soda for your hair far exceed the benefits provided by your regular shampoo. To see the results of the use of baking soda for hair growth, it is recommended that you use it once a week for about a month, you will be surprised by the amazing results. Still not convinced? Let us take a look at the benefit it offers:
Removes product residue
Even after washing your hair with shampoo, you get a feeling that your scalp and hair are really not clean. This is because there is always some leftover residue from hair products. Shampoos, conditioners, or even hairsprays always leave residue on your scalp and make your hair oily. By washing your hair with baking soda, you can get rid of the leftover residue and make your hair squeaky clean.
Washing hair with baking soda is a great way to reduce dandruff. Baking soda cleanses the scalp and removes the dandruff flakes from your hair in just 2 or 3 washes. It makes your scalp healthy and your hair flake-free.
Removes chlorine from hair
Baking soda removes chlorine from your hair. This is particularly useful for regular swimmers as we know that swimming pool water contains chlorine which is harmful to hair in the long run. Baking soda protects your hair against damage by removing chlorine.
So, you can see that by protecting your hair against harmful chemicals and removing them from your hair, baking soda aids in hair growth.
But to get all these benefits out of baking soda you should use it in correct quantities. Otherwise the high pH of baking soda may end up causing irreparable damage to your hair.
Below are the steps to use it:
- Mix 1 part of baking soda with 3 parts of water (this is for short hair). If you have long hair (shoulder length) you can increase the ratio of baking soda to water. For this, mix 2-2 tablespoons of baking soda with three parts of water.
- You can apply the mixture on wet or dry hair. When applying, lightly massage your hair so that the mixture spreads to all parts of hair, particularly, it should reach your hair roots.
- Let this mixture remain on your hair for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, rinse your hair with warm water.
- After rinsing your hair thoroughly with water, rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar. Mix 1 part of apple cider vinegar with 4 parts of water. If you don’t like the smell of vinegar, you may add some essential oils like rosemary or lavender to the mixture.
- Now rinse your hair with warm water (by tilting your head backward you can prevent apple cider vinegar from going into your eyes).
- Baking soda is generally good for those who have extra oily hair. For those with dry hair, using baking soda might not be a good idea as it might make the hair even drier.
Other Tips for using vinegar (ACV)
For better health it is recommended to use a 1 to 4 ratio of AVC in water. It can help remove toxins, may help reduce lose belly fat and helps reduce hunger. Source: Healthline
To conclude, when used correctly, baking soda is a safe and secure ingredient for promoting hair growth. It cleans revives and softens your hair and it makes your hair shiny, healthy and strong. It makes you look like million bucks!!
Obtain Beautiful, Healthy Hair With These Tips
7 Ways to Improve Hair Strength