Going to a holiday gathering and wanna bring a guaranteed crowd-pleaser? Try Butter Mint Shortbread for an indulgent treat everyone’s sure to love.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar for garnish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Beat butter and 3/4 cup powdered sugar at medium speed with an electric beater until light and fluffy. Add flavorings, beating until blended. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended. Press dough into ungreased 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into squares; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
When it comes to making shortbread, no butter substitutes allowed! Use the real thing to savor that indulgently buttery flavor.