The Pilates Chair is a great piece of equipment that challenges your core strength and balance. Whether you are an amateur or a hardcore at Pilates moves and workouts, a Pilates chair can help you take your workout routine to the next level!
Here are some of the best core workout you can do in your Pilate Chair:
- The Teaser
Works your pelvic muscles, outer and inner thighs, and abs.
- Sit on the chair. Hold onto the sides and on inhale, curl your tailbone under.
- Lift your left and then your right legs off the floor into a tabletop position while squeezing the inner thighs and knees together.
- Breathe in and hold the position for 4 counts.
- Start to lower your leg, one at a time to the floor.
- Repeat this move 3 times.
- Tricep Dips
Works your abs, inner thighs, gluteus maximus, upper back, and triceps.
- Place hands on the chair seat with fingertips facing forward.
- Keep your feet on the floor and your knees bent in line with your feet. Be sure to sit forward enough so that your butt is not touching the chair.
- Keeping your chest open, squeeze your knees together as you bend your elbows and lowering your butt to the floor.
- Then, fully extend your arms to the starting position in order to complete the move.
- Do 10 to 15 reps.
- Knee Pull-Ins
Works your abs, thighs, and lower back
- Sit on the chair in an upright position with your feet in front of you.
- Hold the back of the seat then lean backward.
- Pull your legs into your chest.
- Lean to one side and do the same exact motion.
- Do this move until you feel the burn.
- Chair Crunch
Works your abs, lower back, and thighs.
- Sitting upright, straighten your arm in front of your body.
- Raise your arms so that they are perpendicular to your shoulders.
- Then, curl down towards the ground.
- Put your elbows toward your hips and hold for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Do 5 – 10 reps.
- Single Straight Leg Stretch
Works your thighs, abs, pelvic, hamstring and lower back.
- Hold onto the seat with both hands.
- Lift your right leg straight up to and lower your left leg towards the floor.
- Keep both of your legs as straight as possible and make sure that the left leg does not touch the floor.
- Inhaling, pulse the right leg in towards you hear 2 times.
- Switch legs on exhale.
- Do 10 reps for each leg.
- Hip And Leg Circle
Works your hip, abs, thighs, legs and pelvic muscles.
- Hold onto the chair.
- Bring both of your legs straight up and scoop into your lower abdominal.
- Separate your legs hip-width apart, making a V shape.
- Circle your legs out, around and down to the floor.
- Bring your feet together and lift your legs back to the starting position.
- Do 5 reps then switch directions for a total of 10 reps.
Works your abs, thighs, and lower back.
- Arms reach up above chest with fists together holding straps.
- Inhale to start, exhale to reach arms over the left hip, lifting the upper right side of the body.
- Reverse to the other side.
- Do 10 to 15 reps on each side.
- Double Leg Stretch
Works your lower back, abs, pelvic and hamstring.
- Sitting on the chair, bring both of your knees toward your chest.
- Curl your head up and then place your hands on your knees.
- Extend both legs out in front of you as you reach both of your arms overhead.
- Get your legs as straight as possible while keeping your lower back flat.
- Circle your arms out and around the back to your knees as you try to pull your knees back in toward your chest.
- Do 10 to 15 reps.
Works your core, thighs, legs, and glutes.
- Lying on the chair with your legs positioned upward, reach the holding straps.
- On exhale, pull the straps while flexing your knees toward your chest.
- Hold for few seconds then release.
- Do the exact move with your right knees.
- Do 10 to 15 reps for each leg.
Works your glutes, lower and upper back, arms and abs.
- Lying in your chest, maintain your torso parallel to the ground.
- Reach the straps below the chair with palms facing down.
- Pull arms up and out to the side and also slightly lifting your head toward your back.
- Do this for 5 to 10 reps.
Pilates Chair is all the rage for those who wish to strengthen their core muscles as well as their arms and legs. When shopping, make sure to check pilates chair review at GymGearInfo.com in order to get only the best deal in the market today.
Yoga Vs. Pilates: Choosing the Best for You
Improving Overall Health When Keeping Squats in Your Regime
Fitness Tips: Every Program Needs Strength Training
One Reply to “Challenge Your Core with These Pilate Chair Workouts”