On our way back from the airport and to get Justin out of the warehouse and set up the surprise, Melinda called and ask what he was doing, he told her, “his friends were there” and so she ask him to run to the store and get some snacks, “he did” and that made it perfect to get Braxton into a hiding spot. Then we wait…………to shock Justin……and we did, let me tell you!
It took him a few minutes to process his son appearing in front of him, my son was so overwhelmed he and my grandson seeing Justin’s face they both ended up in hugs and tears. We got it all on video, which I dont have, darn it. But this pic tells it all!!
They enjoyed their week together, swimming, BBQ’s, going to Boulder city to check out stores, Red Rock for a ride and off road exploring in my sons 1992 Jeep, several trips to the Las Vegas strip, you name it, if they thought it they did it.
- 1 store-bought plain cheesecake or your choice
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or shortening
- 1/2 c. rainbow sprinkles or your choice sprinkles
- Slice cheesecake into triangles. Insert a popsicle stick and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set up a double boiler: Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer, then add a glass bowl and add chocolate. Stir until melted, then stir in coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Dip each cheesecake slice halfway in chocolate shell and add sprinkles immediately.
- Let sit 5 minutes until chocolate shell hardens and serve. (If the shell isn’t hardening, transfer to the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.)
PS Comments were they are best frozen-easier to eat when on a stick
Recipe From: Delish.com Frozen Cheesecake on a Stick
Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being. –Kevin Kruse