Lion’s mane is a kind of mushroom that people use for medical purposes and as a delicacy in dishes. People can buy a lion mane mushroom in Australia to strengthen their health because, in fact, it has a lot of benefits but at the same time, it can cause side effects that question its legitimacy. It is advisable to consult a doctor before use.
Why in some areas lion’s mane is illegal
In some states of the USA, the possessors should have a license or special allowance for keeping medical mushrooms. In Asia, this product is part of traditional medicine. And Australia imports the mushroom powder from other countries and grows its own wild fungus and people can buy lion’s mane without permission online or personally in a pharmacy. Some superstitions according to this mushroom are connected with its composition.
Compounds of the natural extracts are concentrated but not psychedelic, especially in small quantities. Scientists have confirmed safety through animal experiments. However, it is necessary to consume it carefully in doses to avoid unpleasant consequences. Pregnant women, people taking medication, or having complicated illnesses should shun the lion’s mane because it can be dangerous for them. There are some possible side consequences:
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis;
- brain disorders;
- cerebral fog.
Positive features of the fungus
It is legal to buy lion’s mane because of the fact that its positive consequences far outweigh the risks of side effects. The worth of this product lies in its qualities. Lion’s mane mushroom has been famous due to its medical benefits since ancient times. It is capable of improving the condition of the nervous system and the whole organism. This mushroom is a nootropic with a property to activate brain regeneration by the production of Nerve Growth Factor. Due to its components lion’s mane can:
- relief inflammation and oxidation. The mushroom has antioxidants that fight fever that is a possible reason for heart disorders and diabetes. Investigation of properties of 14 types of fungi showed that lion’s mane relieved as the fourth most effective;
- overcome depression and anxiety. It contains amicenone that provides antidepressant action, eliminates irritability, helps to slow down heartbreaks and reduces the symptoms of menopause;
- сonteract aging. The fungus lovers the level of lipofuscin which is a product of metabolism and accumulates in skin cells.
- enhance immunity due to antibacterial attributes. It prevents the inflammation of the intestines and protects the liver.
- influence the health of the cardiovascular system by reducing cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. The decrease in level is thanks to the rate of breakdown of the hormones. This in turn helps to mitigate fat deposits and restrain weight gain.
- promote memorization processes, reproduce remembrance, and stimulate cognitive abilities developing brain activity.
- fight weariness increasing power in a way of energy production. This multifunctional mushroom diminishes such exhausting factors as urea in the blog and lactic acid.