When you are preparing to purchase a diamond engagement ring, there are various factors that you need to keep in mind to ensure that you are making the right choice. These include the basic elements of the 4Cs of diamonds, types of settings, characteristics of metal, cut and shape, picking a diamond and more.
- Being aware of the 4Cs is an important step in the process of purchasing a diamond. These refer to the carat weight, clarity, cut and color. The 4Cs incorporate the globally recognized standard that is used to compare different diamonds and evaluate their quality.
- After understanding the meanings of each C, you can determine what matters most to you. Priorities will make it easier for you to eliminate certain diamonds during your search and focus on what will thrill the love of your life.
- Taking some time to become familiar with the 4Cs is a worthwhile task. Understanding the language and descriptions of diamond quality empowers you to confidently buy a diamond.
Different Diamond Shapes, Cutting Styles and Quality
Before you begin looking around for that special engagement ring, it is important to comprehend the differences between the cut quality, cutting style and shape of a diamond.
- Shape refers to the outline of the diamond when it is viewed from the top. Round is regarded as the most popular shape for diamonds. However, there are several other shapes that include the heart, square, rectangle, oval and pear
- Cutting style is in reference to the arrangement of the facets of the diamond. Cutting styles consist of options such as the brilliant, standard cutting style, emerald cut and radiant cut. Find ID jewelry engagement rings NYC
- The cut quality focuses on the interaction between light and facets of a diamond. Diamonds that are cut in similar styles and shapes can vary in terms of aspects like symmetry, polish and thickness. These differences affect appearances and cut quality.
The kind of metal that you choose for an engagement ring has an impact on the general appearance of the piece. Platinum and white gold have been considered to be popular choices for several years due to their modern and sleek look. They are good options for colorless diamonds as well. The diamond will have a yellower appearance if it is set within yellow prongs.
For people who prefer the gold color, white metal is usually incorporated into yellow gold rings that create an interesting contrast when paired with diamonds. One of the popular trends is rose gold that features a soothing and warm appearance.
Diamonds in engagement rings are held in place within a setting. Settings serve the roles of protecting the diamond form damage and highlighting its beauty. Different settings determine the level of protection. Common settings include prongs, bezels and halos.
A side stone is an eye-catching way to present an engagement ring. It provides a sparkle of elegance and creates a sophisticated look.
Spot lighting, fluorescent lighting, candlelight and daylight are different lighting conditions that affect how a diamond actually looks. The facets of a diamond function like miniature mirrors that reflect their surroundings. Look at diamond engagement rings under various conditions.
4 Tips When Choosing Your Wedding Jewelry
Tips When Shopping For Engagement Rings For Your Loved One