If you want to ensure the efficiency of the plumbing system in your bathroom, then you have to read this article and find out essential tips to follow!
We all know that the bathroom is considered as one of the most frequently used rooms at home. And with that, it should be a room that must be well-maintained too. Why? Well, you don’t want an emergency plumbing service right? Indeed, plumbing maintenance is vital to keep your home run efficiently.
Now, here are some tips that could help you maintain the bathroom and avoid disrepair and other plumbing emergencies.
Maintaining the Faucet
It is important to keep the source of water running like the faucet to achieve a successful bathroom experience. To do that, consider the following tips:
- The moving parts of the faucet could wear down quickly over a period of time and might require to be tightened or might be replaced more often than other parts. You can have professional help from JH Fox Plumbing to truly understand how often you need to replace the said parts.
- You have to repair leaky faucets instantly to avoid further damage to the faucets and fixtures.
- There is also a need to clean the faucet aerators. This low water pressure or water leaks might be due to buildup as well as sediment that block the small openings inside the aerator.
Maintaining the Showerhead
Once the holes become clogged with mineral deposits coming from the water, showerheads could develop uneven spray. That’s why there is a need for you to clean it. Here are the steps to follow:
- Unscrew the swivel ball but using channel-type pliers or adjustable wrench.
- Unscrew the collar nut from showerhead and gently clean the inlet and outlet holes using a thin wire.
- Now, flush the head with clean water and reassemble the showerhead.
- And finally, soak it in vinegar to remove the mineral deposits. To be more particular, put a cup of vinegar in the plastic bag and allow it to stand for a night. And in the morning, just remove the bag and wipe it off with a damp cloth.
Maintaining Toilet and Finding the Leaks
Are you aware that the toilet is a primary source of bathroom leaks? You should inspect the water level in the tank of the toilet to ensure that the water is not overflowing by way of the overflow pipe. To correct the problem, here’s what you need to do:
- Once water is running to the overflow pipe, you have to modify the fill valve up until the water discontinues at about one inch below the top of an overflow tube.
- You should also check the flush valve mechanism through putting at least a few drops of food coloring to the tank.
- And of course, after fifteen minutes, check the bowl. Once the water changed its color, the flapper or ball is leaking and must be replaced.
- You should not use the toilet as your wastebasket. Don’t flush facial tissue, make-up pads, cotton balls, diapers, and sanitary products as they don’t dissolve and could clog the lines. You have to keep a trash container in every bathroom and those the items away.
How to Avoid and Fix Bathroom Clogs?
According to Four Seasons Plumbers in Asheville, older toilets are prone to clogging. If your toilet is a first generation low flow toilet, it lacks the pressure to clear the drain. Thus, this results in regular clogs.
You don’t want to experience bathroom clogs, right? So, here are some ways to prevent them along with ways to fix them:
- Run hot water down the drain to help keep it free-flowing at least once a week.
- Fix tubs as well as showers with strainers which catch hair and soap chips. And you also need to regularly clean the strainers.
- Avoid putting things down the sink or the toilet which don’t belong there.
- And finally, just call a professional once you need any assistance with unclogging a drain or toilet.
Well, these are just some of the essential tips that you should not ignore in order to ensure that your plumbing system in the bathroom will not give you any trouble. If you can’t do things alone, professional plumbers can always be considered. However, it is indeed your responsibility to maintain the plumbing of your bathroom, and your entire home as well.
How to Repair Your Leaking Bathtub
Leave your comments below and don’t forget to hit like and share now!
6 Ways to Beautify Your Bathroom
Remodel a Bathroom With a Steam Shower