Noodles are probably one of the most iconic food items that transcend all culture and food habits all over the world. In addition to rice, noodles may be one of the only food items that play a relevant role in any cultural food cuisines around the globe. For some, Noodles play a key component in their everyday meal, especially amongst the Asian continent. While for other countries, noodles represent comfort or simply fast food that they can eat whenever they want as per their appetite requirement.
Irrespective of how you treat them, one cannot simply pass on a good bowl of delicious and healthy noodles. Due to their property of blending in with almost any type of other veggies or meat, people experiment a lot with their noodle recipes. So, here are some exciting, simple and unique noodle recipes that you can cook for your family this summer.
- Cheater Pho
The name does not literally suggest you cheat before or after a meal. It’s just a name that has passed down the generation. Even amongst the plethora of noodle recipes from around the World, Vietnamese noodles aka Pho must be amongst one of the most popular and accepted recipes. This simple recipe will also cut down the time required to only about 30 minutes.
- Rice noodles (8 ounces)
- 1 ounce of boneless chicken cut in small chunks
- Minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 6 teaspoons Olive oil
- Chicken stock (6 cups)
- 3 teaspoon soy/ fish sauce
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- ½ knob ginger (grated)
- 6 teaspoons hoisin sauce
For dressing and garnish (the quantities can vary depending on your preferences)
- A bunch of Fresh mint leaves
- Bean sprouts (2 cups)
- 1-2 pieces of thinly sliced onions
- 1-2 pieces of thinly sliced jalapeno
- 2 pieces of limes
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- First, cook the rice noodles until soft or whatever texture you personally prefer. After cooking, drain all the water and leave the noodles aside.
- Next, heat about 3 teaspoons of olive oil in a large pot (to accommodate the chicken stock later) on medium heat. Before adding chicken to the pot, season it with salt and pepper. After adding that to the pot, cook for about 2-3 minutes until golden.
- After that, add the remaining olive oil, garlic, jalapeno, and ginger to the pot and stir continuously for another 2 minutes.
- Add soy/ fish sauce and hoisin sauce to the chicken stock, whisk properly and bring it to a boil. Then lower the heat and let it simmer for sometimes.
- You can then add all the ingredients together (noodles, stock and chicken) or serve them individually, garnish it with onions, mints, cilantro, and limes and serve.
- Thai Shrimp noodles
Shrimp and noodles? That must be one of the most satisfying combinations, right? Also, in this case, you can use other protein items such as chicken or even tofu, as per your preference.
- 1 pound Shrimp
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Quarter cup roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 pieces of green onions
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 carrots (shredded)
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil and sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons peanut butter (optional for people who don’t like peanut)
- 3 teaspoons chilli and garlic paste
- First, make the sauce by whisking together all the ingredients of the sauce, and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to about 400°F. Apply a single layering of oil to a baking sheet.
- Next, place the shrimps on top of the baking sheet, and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimps in the oven and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Next, cook the pasta (Linguine) on a separate pot as usual. Drain out all the water and stir the noodles uniformly with soy sauce, cilantro, green onions, shrimps, carrots and dry roasted peanuts.
- Garnish it with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Of course, you can always ditch the idea of making the noodles yourself at home, and take your kids out for a genuine noodle bar experience. However, you will have to start cooking at home at some point. Hence, the above simple and easy recipes will act as a perfect starter for your initial noodles cooking stages.
Other Fun Recipes:
5 Easy Chicken Recipes You Can Make at Home
Recipes: Create These Mini Caesar Salads
Thrifty, but Tasty: 5 Fresh Tips on How to Cook on a Budget
I might receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking an affiliate link at no cost to you.