Now that the holidays are over, it is time to begin to think about how you are going to surprise your partner for Valentine’s Day. Many people put pressure on their partner to plan an extravagant Valentine’s Day soiree only to be disappointed when their partner does not plan anything. This year, take control of the situation and give your partner a break in the planning. By the end of this article, you will be equipped with some great romantic valentine’s ideas that you can use to surprise your loved one!
- Plan a nice dinner. Whether you cook and choose to stay in for the night or you choose to go out to a fancy restaurant. Having a nice meal together is always a great start to a romantic evening. Make sure to take into consideration your partner’s interest in foods and beverages and plan to go to a place that you haven’t been before as a surprise. Or, if surprises are not your thing, consider going to one of your favorite restaurants to start the night off right.
- Dancing! Do you and your partner enjoy dancing? Have you considered taking dancing lessons together? Even if you have never discussed it, consider taking your beau dancing. Dancing is quite romantic and allows two people to connect with one another in a way that they normally would not. Dancing together brings two people close together as it allows them to touch in a romantic manner but not one that is uncomfortable for those around them. Dancing can be a great activity to try after a glass of wine and some appetizers at a Tapas restaurant.
- Dress up nice. When you plan a great evening for your partner, you will want to dress nice. Make sure that you smell fresh and that your hair and makeup look great as well. Consider wearing something a bit daring such as corsets from True Corset. If you want to play it safe, consider wearing a dress or something a bit form fitting. A romantic vibe can come from your attire as much as it can come from the activities that you have planned for the night.
- Candlelight. If you choose to stay at home for the evening, have dinner by candlelight. Candlelight is quite romantic and can put a couple in the mood for intimacy. After you have a nice dinner, you can still dance around your family room by candlelight. Or, if you are not interested in dancing, consider inviting your partner to take a nice, warm bubble bath by candlelight. A bath by candlelight with some nice jazz music is quite romantic.
- Try something new. If you are the kind of person to wear a t-shirt and shorts to bed at night to sleep, consider purchasing a silk nightgown or something a bit more fancy. Your partner will notice the gesture and appreciate your efforts.
No matter what you plan to do for your partner this Valentine’s day, add some romantic flair to it. A little bit of thought to the details can go a long way.