Being a parent is never an easy task, most especially when your children are all so picky and hard to please. But, one thing is for sure, they will brighten up your day when you feel sad, and will put a smile on your face when you are tired. There are times also, that our children are the ones who help us in our daily tasks. Therefore, they also deserve to be happy and rewarded.
When we say they need to be happy, it is not always that they need to be given a food, a toy, or whatever material things they want. We can give them a room makeover, isn’t it a good idea? Well, it is not always that what we want for our children is what they want. They also deserve to get what they want at times.
We all want the best for our children. If they want a room that is themed from their favorite cartoon character, why not give it to them? Are you not confident about it? Is the budget your worry? Well, I am telling you, you can do it yourself! And the cost, it will all pay off when you see your child’s smile after seeing his/her room.
Is There A Need To Transform Your Child’s Bedroom To A Fantasy?
Well actually, the answer to this question mainly lies to you. Do you ever feel that you must spruce up your kids’ bedroom? Or are your kids constantly beg for a makeover of their own space? Our kids need a place to call their own. They are just like us, adults. Their bedroom, their territory! Just like us, if they find their territory ugly and unpleasant, they will feel uncomfortable and uneasy.
The “Somethings ” Every Child’s Bedroom Must Have
When it comes converting your child’s bedroom into a dreamland, you must not just consider what they want, you must also think about the things they really need. Here are some of the “somethings” they need for their room:
- Something To Question.
Try to include something that may intrigue their mind. Try making them curious about nature, life, or the way a particular thing works.
- Something To Sleep On.
Obviously, it is a bed room, so it is basic to give them a bed to sleep on, but not just that, their bedroom must be inviting, warm, and soft.
- Something To Read.
Always remember that books feed the imagination of a child. Furthermore, it also nourishes the mind.
- Something That Tells Time.
Even though they cannot tell what time is it yet, let them have a clock in their bedroom. This is for them to understand and follow a daily routine.
- Something With Color.
A room that is full of the colored rug, chair, blanket, and pillow may draw their eye’s attention and it’ll be a reminder that life with children is more fun and colorful.
Tips And Tricks For DIY Child’s Bedroom Transformation
Let’s look into some of the tips and tricks to making your children’s dream bedroom into a reality.
- Wall signs and some murals are suitable for your child’s bedroom. You need not paint all over the room; there are some child furniture and child-friendly decorations that are widely available in supermarkets.
- Consult your children what they really want for their room. Make sure that it is part of the theme they want.
- Divide the bedroom into two, their play area, and their work area. You can use some child furniture like chairs and simple desks for them to have a place for studying.
- Provide profusely open shelves that have bins on it for them to keep the room clean and make sure that the toys are all in place.
- To make their bedroom into a dreamland, incorporate some of your children’s favorite cartoon or anime character.
- Push the bed against the wall to create an open space for them to play. This will not just make the room to look more spacious, but will also make your child safe when sleeping.
You need not stress yourself about turning your child’s bedroom into a dreamland. Just enjoy the time you spend planning and decorating his/her bedroom and don’t forget to involve them in making the decision because after all, it is their territory.
Author Bio: This article is being authored by a regular blogger and writer Paul Trevino. He loves to decorate his home and office in new and different ways. He also works for http://littlelovekids.com/ offering wide range of kid’s furniture and room styling products. He keeps sharing his ideas and latest trends in interior designing through his articles.