I was browsing on Instagram and found this recipe for Cranberry Pistachio Bliss Bars which they say is similar to a Starbucks bar that is served. I had to make these since I love cranberries and always have tons on hand.
They are easy to make, I used my Kitchenmaid mixer with the paddle to cream the sugar and butter, then added the ingredients in the order given. These bars are a tiny bit salty-sweet depending on how many pistachios you use when garnishing the tops.
When it says chopped cranberries, I chopped them fine as when you go to cut through the bars large pieces hamper a clean cut.
For the icing and since I don’t like a super thick layer, I only made 1/2 the recipe for the icing, but you feel free to spread it on thick.
I love the addition of the pistachios, they give a different consistency and just the right texture flavor. I don’t think I have ever baked with them.
Tip: Before you make these be sure to line a 13×9 pan with foil or parchment leaving an overhang to lift out once bars are cool.
Let the white chocolate set and cut into bars.
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (8- ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Optional Toppings
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- chopped dried cranberries for garnish
- chopped pistachios for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper or foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix for another minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour and mix until just combined. Stir in the cranberries, pistachios, and white chips until evenly incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the center is just set. Don’t over-bake. I did and didnt pay attention to these instructions.
- Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan before frosting.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Spread evenly on the bars.
- Sprinkle with extra dried cranberries and pistachios if desired and drizzle with melted white chocolate.
You could cut these anyway you like, squares, triangles or bars large or small depending on how many you want and the look.
Because you leave these bars in the pan to cool, they keep baking and I did and didn’t pay attention to these instructions on baking time, though they needed more time. I used a toothpick to check to make sure centers where a little on the dry side, wrong, should have taken them out when they were a little bit wet.
I found the original recipe on “Cookies and Cups” and she has much better pictures than I do. Don’t you love trying new recipes?
Did you make this recipe? Tag me on @ohmyheartsiegirl on Instagram hashtag @ohmyheartsiegirl and #cranberryblissbars